According to oxford learner’s dictionaries, the pedicure is care and treatment of the feet and toenails. It’s a cosmetic or therapeutic treatment of your feet and toenails that removes dead skin, softens hard skin and ensures clean feet with a great look. Pedicure might include nail cleaning, nail polishing, applying antifungal cream to toes and massaging feet with cream.
You people area living a life on a tight schedule. So, a common question that arises in mind is, how long does a pedicure take? Generally, a pedicure takes 30 to 90 minutes. However, this time varies depending on the type of pedicure you want to take. Let’s look at the type of pedicure and check the time of different kinds of pedicures.
How Long Does a Pedicure Take? – Depending on Types Of Pedicures
On average, you need 30 to 90 minutes to take a complete pedicure; it varies depending on the type. Here we listed all the most famous pedicures and it’s required time. Check the type and time, take one which suits you and be beautiful.
Types of pedicure
Let’s know about the most popular types of pedicures and how long do pedicures take.
- French pedicure: A classic pedicure, remove dead skin and soften the hard skin in general. It includes long-lasting nail varnish, whitening the tip and square of toenails. Generally, this common French pedicure takes about 30 minutes more or less.
- Gel pedicure: Clear or colored gel put to your toenails using a UV light for a long-lasting glossy look. Gel pedicure takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete the whole task.
- Paraffin wax pedicure: This pedicure includes rubbing warm wax to your nails and feet to provide extra moisture and softness. Paraffin wax pedicure takes around 30 minutes to complete.
- Luxury pedicure: A complete package including extensive massage, paraffin wax and heated towels. It also added extra oils, cream and color to provide a great look. Luxury pedicure takes 1 hour to 90 minutes.
How Long Does a Pedicure Last?
Though a pedicure’s lasting time depends on many variables, a good pedicure can generally last from a week to a month. We recommended going to a professional pedicurist; it’s a better choice than chip one for a long-lasting pedicure.
Tips to make pedicure last longer:
- Put your own nail polish on your nails. It will last longer than that salon uses and will get an awesome look.
- Give time to harden your nail polish. Try to take pedicures on a free schedule.
- Use foot peel between pedicures that will prevent dead skin and calluses. Hope you will get smooth feet.
- Use moisturizer to keep your feet healthy and smooth. It will extend the life of your nail polish.
- Use topcoat to keep your nail shiny
- Use cuticle oil every 3-4 days. It will prevent cracks keeping your feet moisturized and healthy. It also extends your nail polish lifetime.
- You should avoid chlorine to make your pedicure last longer. Chlorine from the pool water may create a crack and fake your nail polish. You should rinse your feet with fresh water after swimming in the pool.
How long does a manicure and pedicure take / how long does a mani pedi take?
Manicure is a cosmetic beauty treatment to your hands and fingernails. It includes shaping and cutting down nail edges, polishing and coloring to give a wonderful look. It also added massaging using cream, oil, lotion and cleaning dead, hard and sunburned skin.
A pedicure is a cosmetic beauty treatment to your feet and toenails. It cleans dead skin, softens the hard skin, and massages with oil, cream, and polishing to give it an amazing look.
Taking manicures and pedicures together and getting an awesome look is always relaxing. When you want to take those together, it is a question of time, how long does a manicure and pedicure take? Depending on the types of manicure, on average a complete manicure takes around 30 minutes to 1 hour. On the other hand, on average, a pedicure takes 30 minutes to 90 minutes to complete.
If you want to take both, together manicure and pedicure take around 45 minutes to 2 hours.
How Long Does a Pedicure Take to Dry?
Pedicure is a treatment to get beautiful feet. It takes color and polish to your toenails. Your toenails may feel dry to touch within 30 minutes after polishing.
But to get a longer-lasting nail polish, it takes 2 hours to 12 hours to fully dry. That’s why we recommended taking pedicures on a free schedule and giving time to dry.
How Much Does a Pedicure Cost?
The cost of pedicures varies based on salon/ spa type, location, quality of the service and kind of pedicure they offer. However, we can say the average cost of a basic pedicure is 35 USD.
Take a look at the analysis (Conducted by Statista) of the average price for a basic pedicure in nail salons in the USA from 2008 to 2019 (in USD).
Over the last 10 years, the cost of the basic pedicure has been nearly the same and hovers around $30.
The average cost of some popular pedicures is listed here.
|Types Of Pedicure||Price|
|Paraffin Wax Pedicure||$45-$60|
|Hot Stone Pedicure||$60-$75|
Hope you got the info about the cost of pedicures. It varies depending on type and quality. Hopefully, if you are new to pedicures or want to try a new one, this list will help you.
6 Health Benefits of Pedicure You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Great looking: Having treatment to your feet, you will get polished toes and colorful toenails. It will give you confidence and an amazing look.
2. Smoother skin: |The most desired benefit of a pedicure is getting smooth skin. Cleaning dead skin and softening hard skin, pedicure ensures smoother skin.
3. Increased blood circulation: The massage provided by a pedicurist to the toes increases blood circulation. Increasing blood circulation helps to distribute the heat during sessions and it is also good for heart health. It also increases the oxygen level in blood.
4. Prevent infections: Pedicure protects you from fungal infections. When you take pedicures regularly, your feet are exposed to moisture and cleaning cream which prevent infections.
5. Prevent calluses: Calluses occur from friction and pressure to your feet. When you walk for a long period and get pressure on your feet, these create calluses. Your pedicure technicians prevent getting calluses as they scrub your feet and clean hard skin during the pedicure.
6. Upgrade your mental health: Taking pedicures on a regular basis has some mental benefits too. It will improve your productivity by upgrading your confidence. Pedicure reduces anxiety, massaging your feet and toes gives you a relaxed enjoyable moment.
Massaging to toes, feet, toes and legs is a well-known way of stress release. Expert pedicurists give you a relaxing and stress-releasing massage.
Why Why do Pedicures Take That Long?
The required time of a pedicure depends on the type of pedicure and the type of spa/ salon. Different pedicures take different times.
In a pedicure, nail technicians cut down your nail edge, clean your toenail, clean toes, remove dead skin and hard skin. It also included toes massage, feet massage and sometimes leg massage. In this process, they use several cleaning creams, oil and moisturizer.
Actually, there are many steps to do in a pedicure process. Any type of pedicure has these steps more or less. That’s why pedicure takes such a long time.
How Often Should You Get a Pedicure?
Getting a perfect pedicure is always enjoyable and relaxing. It’s normal that you people always want clean, smooth and attractive toes and toenails.
A question that arises to the pedicure addicts is, how often should you get a pedicure? We recommended getting a pedicure once a month to ensure healthy and pretty toes. You can get one pedicure at the saloon and one at home if you are on a budget.
You should not be too frequent in getting pedicures. Getting twice a pedicure in a month is enough. Too often pedicure can be a cause of dry and unhealthy toenails.
How many minutes should a basic pedicure take?
Though pedicure time depends on the type of pedicures, a basic pedicure takes on average 30 to 90 minutes.
What should you not do before a pedicure?
You should not shave your legs before a pedicure. Shaving legs before a pedicure sounds like a nice etiquette, but it’s a bad practice. Whenever you shave, the razor creates tiny nicks in your skin which may lead to fungal infection. So, don’t shave before getting a pedicure.
How soon can I wear socks after a pedicure?
After getting a pedicure, you should wait 8-12 hours to dry properly before wearing socks and shoes (If it is toes-covered shoes). But It’s tough to stay in a salon that long. So, wait at least 30 minutes until it feels dry to touch. Then put cuticle oil on your toenail, gently wrap them in plastic. Now you can wear socks and shoes if it’s urgent.
Should I shower before or after a pedicure?
It’s okay having a shower before getting a pedicure. In the question of the shower after a pedicure, the answer is, let your pedicure fully dry. To maintain a smooth and glossy look for a longer time, wait at least 12 hours before taking a shower.
When should I not get a pedicure?
If you are infected with any skin or nail fungal infection, you should not get a pedicure. As fungal infection is contagious, there is a chance of spreading to others.
How long does a pedicure take? A common question from those who are new to the pedicure and want to take a pedicure. Actually, the time required for a pedicure depends on the type of pedicure. However, if you want to get one, on average a pedicure will take 30 to 90 minutes.
In this writing, we have decorated all popular pedicure types and their required time. Hope you have found your suitable one. Getting a pedicure is always a relaxing, healthy and nicest thing you can do to take care of your toenail.