Afro-Americans always need to struggle to manage and to style their curly hair.
They often want to get thicker hair without spending a short time. So, they need to consider using clip-in extensions.
The clip-in extensions can serve as a savior. Dry or frizzy hair can be changed into a gorgeous and fun hairstyle in no time using these extensions.
Moreover, the clip in extensions comes in a very affordable price range, making it easier to style your hair without spending much. Clip-in extensions are reusable so that you can style them in different ways.
You can find different kinds of clip in hair extensions in the market. While clip-in extensions amp up your hair game, choosing a good one among them may be quite confusing. Investing in a high-quality clip in extension for your hair will be a smart decision.
We have guided some of the best clip in extensions for African American hair in this article.
Benefits of Wearing Clip Hair Extensions
Clip ins for African American hair extensions are much admired among African American women. Here are some of the benefits of the best clip in extensions for African American hair.
- Clip in extensions for African American hair is not temporary. This means you can put it on your hair whenever you feel like it and change your hair’s appearance. Also, you can put it off; you do not like it.
- You can choose the hair extension according to your preferred hair color, hair type, or hair length and keep your natural hair intact.You have the authority to choose brown, black, or blonde extensions, or straight, wavy or curly extensions. Besides, you can choose the extensions according to your preferred length, be it short or long.
- Very easy to use and maintain. You just need to wash it sometimes and detangle it if necessary.
- Clip in hair extensions for African American hair is safe and natural. It does not damage your hair as it reduces the use of chemicals, heating products for hairstyling.
- Most clips come with silicon pads for better gripping.
- They can uplift your confidence.
- Clip in hair extensions for African American hair is affordable, and you can style your hair in your favorite way at a very budget-friendly price.
Tips To Choice Right Hair Extensions
Since choosing the perfect extension for your hair may seem tricky, you may find the best clip in extensions for African American hair with some easy tips.
- You should lookout for an extension that uses 100% virgin Remy human hair taken from one young donor. This will help your hair to look healthy and even from roots to the ends. Also, non-Remy and synthetic hair gets tangled and sheds easily. You will not face this problem with Remy’s hair.
- The hair extension should match your hair color. It will look odd if the African American clip in extensions shade is lighter or darker than your original hair.
- Before buying the best extensions for African American hair extensions, you should always match the texture and pattern of the extension to your natural hair. Otherwise, it will not match properly.
- If you take care of your extension, just like your natural hair, it will be more durable and long-lasting. You need to brush it and keep it tangle-free. Wash it with a mild shampoo and condition it to make it look clean and nourished.
- You should also try to use less heat on your extension, as excessive can loosen the curls.
10 Best Clip In Extensions For African American Hair
Let’s proceed and know the top 10 best clip in extensions for African American hair list below.
1. Anrosa Yaki Straight Clip in Hair Extension
The Anrosa clip hair extensions are made from 100% Virgin Remy Human Hair collected directly from one donor. This helps to maintain similar consistency and texture of hair from top to bottom. The clip-in extensions may remain straight without the use of heating tools.
The extension can be washed, conditioned, colored, and styled with heating tools without causing any damage to the hair. This is one of the best products in the market for clip-in extensions for African American hair.
The hair quality is a rich, virgin, and taken from one donor. The extension is soft and straight.
Anrosa clip in extension has only one color option, which is natural black. This color matches perfectly with the African American black hair.
- Healthy hair is taken from one donor.
- Hair can be styled in different ways.
- Easy to install and maintain
- Has only one color option.
- Two packs are required to cover the whole head if you have thin hair.
Who is it for?
It is one of the best clips in hair extensions for African American hair women looking for straight, high-quality hairs.
2. Loxxy Afro Kinky Curly Clip in Hair Extensions
The Loxxy clip in hair extensions is also made using 100% Remy human hair. The hair looks healthy and has a shine from top to bottom. The hair is directly collected from a human donor, making it completely natural. These kinky afro curls are a fun way to style your hair by providing you a fresh and youthful look.
You can also straighten it or flat iron it, according to your choice. The clip in extension is designed with double weft sewing, which allows a more firm grip. This is considered as the best clip in extensions for African American hair women looking for a fun and younger appearance.
The hair has a pattern similar to 3C, 4A, and 4B Afro kinky curls, making it suitable for African American women having kinky curly hair.
You can enjoy afro curl natural black that is ideal for human hair modes. This color will go for the curly hair that is natural black.
- The kinky curls give a radiant and younger appearance.
- Has no split ends
- The clips are similar in color to the hair, so it gives a seamless look.
- Hair tends to get tangled as it is quite dry.
Who is it for?
- African American women with type 3C to 4B curls.
- Women with shorter hair.
3. Sassina Natural Looking Hair Clip in Extensions
Next on our list, we have the Sassina Hair Clip in Extensions, which is well known for making hair extensions with 100% Remy human hair. It is made by cutting original hair from a young woman.
Sassina hair extension is the best hair extensions for African American who is looking for an easy way to add color or increase your hair’s volume or length. It is recommended to keep the hair straighten while measuring the length to avoid any confusion. This is the best clip-ins for black hair with kinky curls considered its price.
The hair quality is soft, smooth, and shiny and ideal for kinky curly hair.
It comes in natural black color in 1B to 2 and can be dyed.
- 100% raw Remy human hair is used.
- It can be colored, cut, washed, and styled in different ways.
- Neat and tangle-free.
- Excessive shampooing may dry out the curls.
Who is it for?
- African American women are looking for shorter hairstyles.
- Women within a budget.
4. ABH Amazing Beauty Clip In Hair Extensions
Suppose you are looking for good clip in extensions for African American hair and make your hair look soft and shiny. In that case, the ABH Amazing Beauty Clip in Hair Extension is the best African American clip in hair extensions deal for you. It is made with rich quality natural human hair. And it makes the hair look healthy from roots to the ends.
You can style your hair or increase your hair’s length and volume easily with this versatile clip in extension. They are more relaxed than Afro-textured hair. This unique texture of the hair makes your hair super soft, bouncy, and fluffy.
ABH Amazing Beauty provides the best natural human hair, which is soft and full in volume.
This clip-in hair extension is available in jet black color. This color will be available with several in size that start from 10-inch to 22-inch.
- Rich quality hair in jet black color.
- Comes in seven different lengths.
- Looser than Afro texture hair.
- This product is long-lasting and can be used as long as a year.
- Two sets are needed to cover the full head.
Who is it for?
- Women have curl pattern 3C to 4A.
- Women are looking for short to medium length hairstyles.
5. GEELOOK Clip in Hair Extensions
This is a high-quality clip in human hair extensions for African Americans that come in various colors. The extension is collected exclusively from young donors having healthy hair. The extension is soft and tangles free.
Since it is available in a large range of colors, you can comfortably find your preferred shade of color. The product is lightweight and can be an ideal match for you. The hair looks very natural, and because it provides a wide range of colors, many admire it.
It does not compromise with the quality as 100% Remy human hair is used in the making, and it can mix easily with your natural hair and give a natural look.
Seven color options are available, ranging from lightest blonde, ash blonde, light blonde, chocolate brown, darkest brown, natural black, and jet black.
- Huge range of colors to choose from.
- Lightweight and can be used regularly.
- Since the hair extension texture is thinner, you need to buy a few of them for your head.
Who is it for?
- Women who prefer a more natural finish to their hair.
- Women who do not want more volume.
6. Lovrio Double Weft Clip in Extensions
Lovrio Real Remy Extensions are dedicated to women who want thicker and full natural human hair extensions. The hair is collected from healthy Brazilian young women. These extensions are tangle-free and have very little shedding. Besides, it can be washed and dried, and heating tools can be used for styling purposes.
The clips are strong; as a result, there is less chance of falloff. This product is comfortable to wear on your head and can be used in functions like parties and weddings. Even though it is considered expensive, it is one of the best extensions for African American hair.
Lovrio uses premium quality hair picked from Brazilian women. The hairs are soft and kinky straight.
It is available in natural black color (1B to 2), but you can dye it or color it according to your choice.
- Tangle-free and shedding free
- Increases the volume of the hair.
- Available in five different lengths.
- Only one color option available.
Who is it for?
- Women having more budgets.
- Women who want thicker volume.
7. ABH Amazing Beauty Clip In Hair Extensions
Next, we have ABH Amazing Beauty Clip in Hair Extension made with fine quality human hair. The clip-in extensions will give you more voluminous and longer hair without causing any damage to your natural hair. This extension is specially designed for women looking for thick and full hair.
So it is the best clip in hair extensions for African American hair. Like the other clip-in extensions discussed above, it can be washed, dried, cut, straightened, curled, and dyed. The clips are made with silicon, which prevents fall off and shedding.
The clip in extension is Yaki straight relaxed hair. Two sets are sufficient to give you fuller and longer hair.
The extension is available in natural black color, which is perfect for African American women.
- Silky, straight, longer hair
- 100% Remy human hair
- Lightweight and easy to wear on head
- The silicon clips blend with the natural hair
- The hair is too straight and silky, not the Yaki straight.
Who is it for?
- Women who want silky straight black hair.
- Women who want longer, healthy hair with more volume.
8. Sassina Clip-in Extensions
The Sassina Clip-in extensions come in seven different lengths and are processed from the finest Brazilian human hair. You can perm, bleach, curl, and highlight your hair, which means that you will have a lot of styling options.
The hair is smooth, shiny, and tangle-free. You can choose your preferred length of the extension, which ranges from 10 to 22 inches. These extensions are a great option for long term use. Sassina extensions are affordable and can be used for various occasions.
The extension is collected from young Brazilian women having healthy hair. The hair is Yaki straight, soft, and silky.
It comes in only natural black color to be used easily as a clip for African American hair.
- It is collected from one donor; thus, it stays uniform from top to bottom.
- Available in several different lengths.
- Affordable and reusable.
- It does not have color options.
- It does not blend properly with kinky hair.
Who is it for?
- Women who are on a budget.
- Women who want kinky straight or Yaki straight hair.
9. Isheeny African American Clip In Human Hair Extensions
Isheeny African American Hair extension is a versatile choice for women having 4B to 4C kinky curly hair. It is processed from 10A top quality virgin human hair. The black clips seamlessly match with the natural hair and hold in the hair firmly.
It is soft, tangle-free, and has a natural shine. This can be worn regularly for different occasions. The clip in extension can last up to 6 to 12 months if proper care is taken. It is recommended to go easy on heat and hair styling products to make it durable.
The hair type is 4B to 4C Afro kinky curly hair. This extension is known to provide a natural look to your hair.
This clip in extension is accessible in natural black color, making it a perfect African American clip-in extensions.
- Available in seven lengths from 8 to 20 inches.
- Has only one color option.
- Heating tools may loosen the curls of the hair.
Who is it for?
- Women who want shorter hair
- Women looking for 4B to 4C curls.
10. Urbeauty Kinkys Curly Clip in Human Hair Extensions
Urbeauty makes the best clip in hair extensions for black hair having a kinky curly pattern. The extensions are made using the finest quality Brazilian Remy human hair to provide healthy and soft hair. This kinky curly texture of the hair is admired for its uniqueness and versatility.
The extension is tangle free and comfortable on the head. Another advantage that comes with this product is that it is designed with the triple weft, unlike most other extensions. This also means more hair can fit in a single set. The stainless steel clips are almost invisible, given that it is similar to the hair color.
The hair is very soft, smooth, and free of tangling. The extension blends with your hair easily and gives a more voluminous look to your hair.
Urbeauty extensions are produced in natural black color, which looks very natural on African American women.
- The texture of the hair is very soft.
- Breathable and can be used daily.
- Available in six lengths.
- It is brittle, and hair sheds easily.
- Shorter hairs are mixed along with long hair.
Who is it for?
- African American women having kinky curly type hair.
How Do You Clip In Hair Extensions For African Americans?
African American women widely use Clip-in extensions for styling their hair. The installation process may seem quite tricky to many. Here, the process is mentioned step by step to attach the best clip in extensions for African American hair.
By following these steps, you can put on the extension all by yourself in a very short time.
- First of all, pick an extension that matches your hair texture and color.
- Before attaching the extension, you need to keep your natural hair neat and dry.
- Brush your hair and detangle it.
- Now, you need to part your hair into two sections using your hand or comb.
- Then, tie the upper part of your hair together with a hairband.
- Take the extension and place it above the lower part at the back of your head, which you separated earlier. Close the clips and keep the extensions in place.
- After that, open some of the upper tied hair and place it above the extension.
- Clip the extensions on the sides of your head in the same way.
- Lastly, brush the hair in place so that the natural hair and the extension look like one.
FAQ: Clip in Hair Extension
1. Are Our Clip-In Extensions Bad For Your Hair?
Clip-in extensions are safe if worn for a shorter time and occasionally. The clip in extensions are attached just by a clip, and there is no use of harmful materials like glue or heat. It can be worn easily by snapping the clip, making it one of the safest hair extension options.
2. Can You Sleep In Clip-In Extensions?
It is better not to sleep with the extensions on as the hair can get messy, tangled, and brittle. Since putting on a clip in extension requires very little time, it is advised to take it off before going to bed.
3. How Do You Attach Clips To Hair Extensions?
You just need to close the clip to secure your hair extension in place. Most of the clips are the same color as the hair, so you can simply place your hair’s upper part over the clip and hide it. The clip can be easily covered with natural hair.
4. Can You Swim With Clip In Hair Extensions?
It is better to avoid swimming while wearing hair extensions. The hair will get wet; lose its natural shine and durability. But if you swim, try to apply some hair cream to your hair before swimming to keep your hair moisturized.
5. Do Clip-In Extensions Fall Out Easily?
Most of the clip in extensions is designed with a clip that healthily holds the hair. As a result, it does not fall out easily.
Clip-in extensions can switch up your dull, boring hair into something versatile and stylish. This article listed the , considering the quality, style, and affordability. Try to invest in a comfortable product and have fun styling your hair.